Advanced Tower Components is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Fitter Welder position in its Salem, OR location. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment. A thorough knowledge of welding procedures and practices are essential to ensure the quality of the product.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Lay out, align and assemble fabricated metal products used in tower components, and other structures
- Work from blueprints and layouts to accurately fit structural parts or components together in shop in preparation to welding.
- Assemble components and determine whether processing specifications have been met prior to erection by workers at construction site.
- Perform repetitive types of assembling operations according to procedures established by others; and use hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of work
- Fuse (weld) metal structural components together by means of arc welding using one process in the fabrication of steel tower components, and other structures
- Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning and laying out of work from blueprints or other written specifications, and determine operation sequence
- Lay out guidelines or marks on metal parts and cut metal with a cutting torch
- Move material using a forklift and gather parts and materials to complete the project
- Perform other duties as directed by leaders and management
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all ATC safety policies and procedures
- Successful completion of an internal weld test
- Working knowledge of fixture and weld setup parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of welding properties of a variety of metals
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints to properly fit all products
- The ability to set up work and determine operation sequence
- The ability to calculate formulas using basic mathematics and standard U.S. and Metric Measurements
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management.
- Must be able to successfully cross train employees to increase production
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited trade school for welding
- 2 years or more of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Two to Three or more years of previous experience welding in a professional environment
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Pay is dependent on experience